Give Thanks

Saturday, May 22, 2010

To Janet



Dear Janet,


I came home the other evening to a quiet empty house.  I was filled with memories of coming home to family busyness and you in the kitchen fixing dinner.  Kevin or Kelly would be setting the table and we would be getting ready for the "Best, Worst, Service" ritual. 


I just wanted you to know that we appreciated your efforts so very much.  I miss green beans, brown rice and chicken.  I miss you everytime I eat a mollasses spice cookie or make your black bean soup.  I miss your homemade bread and fingerprints on the windows.  I miss bath time and baby kisses.


I know that you are enduring Heavenly Father's Real Life University and that your are worried and concerned about making your best contribution to your family's finances and well being.   I would not take that away from you as it will give you richness in overcoming and succeeding.  (Yes, you will succeed.)  I will not give you advice or tell you to make a particular choice one way or another.  That is not my place. 


I would just remind you that you are not unknown to your Father in Heaven.  He hears your prayers and knows your heart.  Here are some words from 3 Nephi 13 that may bring you comfort.


25 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked upon the twelve whom he had chosen, and said unto them: Remember the words which I have spoken. For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than draiment?



26 Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?


27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?


28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;


29 And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.


30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.


31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?


32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.


33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.


34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. ....

Love,


Mom






2 comments:

  1. Thank you mom!! You are wonderful! I'm grateful to be your daughter. I love you!

    ReplyDelete