- Name the five wealthiest people in the world
- Name the last five Heisman trophy winners
- Name the last five winners of the Miss America Pageant
- Name the ten people who have wont the Nobel or Pulitzer Pize.
- Names the last half dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress.
- Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. The are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Acheivements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
- Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
- Name five people who taught you something worthwhile.
- Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
- Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the onew with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
I love you all so much! I know that you sometimes feel like you don't really make a difference or that you don't have enough_______ (fill in the blank). But you do! Keep striving. Keep believing. Keep loving and facing each day with hope. The blessings will come. Thomas S. Monson said: "The future is as bright as your faith." Ensign, May 2009.